Tteok-bokki or Korean stir-fried rice cake (Non Keto). Garaetteok (가래떡), a cylinder-shaped white rice cake, is used in various ways in Korea. The thin ones are cut short for making tteokbokki, hence the name tteokbokki tteok (떡볶이떡). The thick type is sliced into thin oval shapes for making tteokguk (rice cake soup), which is the New Year soup.
Eomuk (fish cakes), boiled eggs, and scallions are some common ingredients paired with tteokbokki in dishes. First, is the grocery market's rice cake area. No, this is NOT located at the grocery's bakery that sells bread, cakes, and what not. You can cook Tteok-bokki or Korean stir-fried rice cake (Non Keto) using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tteok-bokki or Korean stir-fried rice cake (Non Keto)
- It’s 500 gr of rice cake siap pakai.
- It’s Secukupnya of frozen dumplings untuk tambahan. (Optional).
- You need 4 Butir of telur ayam rebus. (Saya pakai telur rebus yg sudah di marinated. Resep bisa di cek di dalam salah satu resep Cookpad Saya).
- You need 1 tbsp of wijen putih untuk taburan.
- Prepare 200 gr of Fish cake siap pakai.
- You need 4 tbsp of Gochujang or red chili paste.
- It’s 4 tbsp of gula pasir.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Soy Sauce (kecap asin).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Gochugaru (bubuk cabai) bisa di kurangi bila tidak suka pedas.
- Prepare 4 Batang of daun bawang.
- It’s 1 Liter of Kaldu ayam (Saya beli yg sudah jadi kalengan) 😬.
It's a small section in the market that sells all sorts of Korean rice cakes, pictured below. I recommend buying the rice cake ovals from this section. It's made from a fresh bakery that was delivered to the market. It is made with rice cakes (garaetteok, cylinder-shaped rice cake), fish cakes, boiled egg, and seasoned with chile paste.
Tteok-bokki or Korean stir-fried rice cake (Non Keto) step by step
- Rendam rice cake di air hangat hingga 20 menit setelah itu potong fish cake sesuai selera. (Kebetulan saya beli fish cake yg sudah dipotong kecil2).
- Rebus air kaldu ayam,tambahkan Gochujang,soy sauce dan gula. Aduk sampai rata biarkan hingga mendidih..
- Setelah mendidih masukkan rice cake dan fish cake. Aduk sampai rata lalu masukkan Gochugaru(bubuk cabai) Lalu aduk kembali..
- Terakhir masukkan telur rebus dan daun bawang. Aduk sampai rata siap di hidangkan dengan taburan biji wijen dan frozen dumplings yang di pan fried terlebih dahulu..
- Selamat mencoba! 😊.
The rice cakes are chewy and tender. It looks super spicy and, originally, it is! But you can control the amount of chile paste. Literally translated as "stir-fried rice cake", this dish is made with garaetteok, a cylinder-shaped white rice cake. This spicy rice cake dish is enormously popular as a street food and also often enjoyed at home.